One of the most popular parts of ASNT’s Annual Conference is the exhibit hall, and this year, there will be hundreds of booths to explore in two separate areas of the Westgate. For many attendees, it’s the only time of the year that they will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with industry manufacturers and suppliers who can provide live demonstrations of their wares and answer any questions you may have.
Whether you are a first-time attendee or a long-time veteran, it helps to have a plan. Here are a few pro tips to make the most of your time in the exhibit hall:
1. Get your bearings. Before walking through the doors, preview the full listing of exhibitors on the ASNT app or visit the online guide at asntevents.org. Review the floor map online or check out the printed version in this issue of ASNT Daily, and make a note of all the exhibitors you don’t want to miss. This year there are two locations for exhibits: Booths 1100 to 2137 are located in the Paradise Event Center, and Booths 100 to 419 are located in Pavilions 1-4 and 6-7 (behind the Registration/ASNT Store area).
2. Stop by the ASNT booth located at the entrance of the Paradise Event Center, where ASNT will be debuting its new member-get-member campaign, VisionIn2020, along with giveaways and contests.
3. Visit our sponsors. Stop by Olympus America Inc. (Booth 1206), QSA Global Inc. (Booth 1601), Spectronics Corp. (Booth 1533), Surehand Inc. (Booth 1514), Techna NDT (in the Wellness Station outside the Registration area), and Teledyne ICM (Booth 1301) to check out their products and services and say thank you for supporting the ASNT Annual Conference.
4. Play a game. In the ASNT Events app, view the exhibitors that have an icon next to their name, and then visit their booth and ask for a code. Each icon collected will earn you more entries into the prize drawings for first, second, and third-place prizes.
5. Catch a presentation. The Innovation Forum will be taking place in the Paradise Event Center on Tuesday and Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. These short, 20-minute presentations provide insight into the science behind the products on display just steps away. Check out the full schedule on the app or the online guide.
6. Stop and refuel. All that walking is sure to work up an appetite! A delicious complimentary lunch will be served in the exhibit hall on Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
7. Win prizes. In addition to ASNT’s daily social media contest and the scavenger hunt, many exhibitors are offering prize drawings and contests in their individual booths. Who knows, maybe today is your lucky day!
8. Take a break. Still hungry? Stick around for the afternoon break at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, sponsored by Teledyne ICM, and 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday in the Paradise foyer.
9. Discover new trends in learning. Several community colleges, including Central Piedmont Community College, Ridgewater College, and Southeast Community College, will have a booth in the Paradise Event Center. Stop by to meet current students and see what’s new in the world of NDT education.
10. Work out those kinks. Licensed massage therapists will be available for complimentary mini massages in the Wellness Station sponsored by Techna NDT, as well as foot massage units.
Pro Tip: Be sure to grab a bag. Many exhibitors will be giving these away in their booths, and you’ll need one for all the great information you’ll soon be collecting!